FBI Careers Agency are doing Weekly Industry Visits to discover what they look for in potential interns and how to make the most of your Fashion Internship.
Recently, FBI Careers Agency visited Tailor Maid Communications and spoke with owner, Sally Brown and FBI Student Emily, who gained a paid position after completing a PR Internship.
Interning Tips from Tailor Maid Communications:
- Speak up if you have a question or need guidance. It’s much better to ask a question and do the job right than to simply wonder.
- Do your research on the business beforehand. Familiarise yourself with the business, who they are, what they do and who they service.
- Be helpful. Find out where assistance is needed and do your bit to help the team.
- Be confident and maintain a can-do attitude.
- Treat staff like colleagues. You are contributing to a team with a common goal. Communicate and interact with clients and staff members so you are all on the same page.
- Treat your Internship like a Job. Maintain a professional manner at all times, be on time and don’t leave early, speak professionally through all interactions, communicate with your colleagues and give complete effort to each of your tasks.
Remember, you are representing yourself and FBI Fashion College when you are interning in the fashion industry. It’s essential that you maintain a professional, positive attitude.
For Internships Opportunities, please contact Natasha from the FBI Careers Agency on 95662020.